Belgian pension calculator
Estimate your Belgian state pension for employees
Today, I am years old.
I started working at the age of and was earning a pre-tax salary of € per month.
By the time I retire, I estimate I will be earning a pre-tax salary of € per month.
Estimated state pension (pre-tax)
Can I use this calculator?
The result of the calculator is relevant for you if:
- You are Belgian.
- You are an employee. The pension for freelancers and public servants is calculated differently.
What about inflation?
Good point! When you retire in 2056, your pension will actually be €3,130. However, we think that it gives a better idea to convert this number into today's terms. €3,130 will be worth about €1,483 today.
What assumptions are you making?
For any estimate, we need to make assumptions and simplifications.
- You retire at 67 years old.
- You work throughout your entire career.
- Your salary grows by a fixed percentage every year. The growth rate is computed using your starting and ending salary.
How can I increase my pension?
There are three ways through which you can save for a higher pension.
- Save through the occupational pension ("aanvullend pensioen" or "pension complémentaire") through your employer.
- Save through an individual pension saving account ("pensioensparen" or "épargne-pension").
- Voluntary saving through for instance Curvo.